Let me teach you the easy way to become a 3bet bluffer with this podcast episode and 5 videos on YouTube.
Listen to this episode as you follow along below:
Or, watch this episode on YouTube:
The 6 Aspects of the Perfect 3bet Bluff
- In Position – position is power!
- Hold an Ace, prefer suited and connected. This blocks them from holding the strongest AX hands.
- Small open-raise and large stack (80BB+). This gives you room to maneuver post-flop because the stack-to-pot ratio (SPR) is large.
- RFI by position > 20%. Make sure you look at this in a popup for the exact position they're opening from.
- Raise/Fold to 3bet > 50%. It helps if it's >50% in their position.
- Fold to Flop Cbet > 50%. Expect a call, so their tendency to fold on flops is a great help to you.
When to 3bet Bluff:
- If all 6 in place… MANDATORY 3bet bluff.
- If 5… *MANDATORY* 3bet bluff (esp. if #3 in place).
- If 4-3… consider it.
- If 2 or less… probably not. But I won't stop you. Go ahead and get frisky with a 3bet if you'd like.
Here's video #1 of 5 from the 3bet Bluffing Week on YouTube, AX hands:
“What size should I make it?”
You're bluffing; you want them to find a fold, so hit their “pain threshold”.
- 9-12bb (minimum is 9)
- “What size would I 3bet with AA, KK, QQ?”
- Going too small, like 3x 2bb to 6bb or only 7 or 8 bb's is NOT enough to get most to fold.
- Don't be tricky, keep things simple while you get comfortable 3betting. When comfy, experiment with sizes.
The easy way to Become a 3bet Bluffer
Start Smart… begin 3bet bluffing on the BTN.
- EVERY chance to 3bet, count the # of aspects in place (even 92o, J4s) – this is TRAINING!!! So don't click “auto-fold” when you see an ugly hand.
- Then 3bet, call or fold accordingly.
- When comfortable, add 3bet bluffs in the CO. Then the MP, SB and BB.
- Does the amount of money at risk hurt? Drop down in stakes to focus on 3bet bluffing when it's cheaper. 9bb at 25nl = $2.25 ; at 10nl = $.90. Then, move back up when comfy with 3betting to 9-12bb's.
Play with a 3bet bluffing focus with the following daily goals:
- 1st Day: 5 BTN 3bet bluffs
- 2nd Day: 5 BTN + 3 CO
- 3rd Day: 5 BTN + 5 CO
- 4th Day: 5 BTN, 5 CO, 1 SB (with 4 or 5 in place)
Support the Show
These wonderful poker peeps picked up my 3rd book, Preflop Online Poker: Patrick De Hoyos, Andy Fisher, Axel, Loro, Redman, Rick Marino, Mark Brement, William Dalton, Hans Nordestgaard, Bard Tassos, Gary Moore, Harry Foster, Michiel Kempinck, Brian Gartman, Cesar DaSilva, CJ, Jeremy Perna, Ixelles, Daniel Scarvaci, Dayne Dyce, Joan, Quentin Winfrey, Julian Arriola, Kris Pazdrag, Frank Friel, David Jackoway, Phil, John Walker, Kyle Horning, Keith Smith, Todd Edmonson, Gianfranco Cutruzzolà, George Best, Indrayana Rustandi, Matt Frailey, Alex Rosendaal, Andrew Curle, Nils Bauer, Victor Jara, Larry Lamberson and Cristian Filimon.
In Preflop Online Poker, you'll learn:
- A systematic way to develop the 4 foundational preflop skills for profitable online poker: Ranges, Stealing, 3bets and Blind Play
- Easy and intuitive ways to play with focus and study each skill from your own database of hands
- How to exploit your opponent’s tendencies and gain more value out of them
- A detailed breakdown of 15 VITAL statistics that you’ll use in every session you play
Finally, you have a path to improving your poker game. No more hopscotching from skill to skill, touching each and mastering none. Preflop Online Poker will help you build skill upon skill on your way to the ultimate destination, Poker Excellence.
Don’t wait. Get this book today and build your game from the ground up the smart way.
Also available on Amazon in Kindle, Paperback and Audible Audiobook:
Don’t Miss Out!
Get expert tips and strategies straight to your inbox each week!