In this episode, I share with you my poker software and hardware setup for efficient poker studies and play.
In episode 227, I answered questions about learning the HUD, playing on non-HUD sites, Bovada and how statistical %’s equate to ranges.
Get 10% off the Effective HUD Use Webinar.
My Poker Software Setup (4:25)
I overlap my tables when playing up to 8 tables at a time.
- I love this software because it's super user-friendly and intuitive
- It's incredibly easy to review my statistics by position or even by table session
- The hand replayer is great and it's easy to scroll through the action in every hand
- I review a losing hand with 99
- PT4 has tons of pre-built HUD's, and it's so easy to build your own that I've built over a dozen
- Reviewing hands while utilizing the HUD lets you figure out the logic your opponents use when playing their hands
- Click here to get PT4 (free 30-day trial) and support the show through my affiliate link.
- This is the best equity calculating and hand reading software available
- I do a quick hand reading exercise with that losing 99 hand
- Get Flopzilla: https://www.flopzilla.com/
- Great for game tape (recording your play and forcing yourself to speak through your decisions)
- I show you how to setup Scenes and Sources and your camera
- I show you how to configure your microphone
- Get OBS: https://obsproject.com/
My Poker Hardware Setup (23:15)
I share all the bits of hardware I use to play and study poker as well as create podcasts and training videos.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. I recommend these items because I find them helpful and useful. Please do not purchase them unless you think they'll help you achieve your poker goals.
Computer: HP Envy Core I7 Laptop
Webcam: Logitech HD Pro C920
Logitech MK550 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Microphone: Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB
Leather office chair
Support the Show
Saturday's Effective HUD Use Webinar is going to be a good one, and so many people are going to be there. Thanks goes out to these HUD-eager purchasers: Aron “kytal” Gilleland, Varian Lee, Brian, HuslaMonkey, John Sanford, John Tahos, Kaye Gogh, Oliver, Patrick Keaveny, Andreas Triantafillou, Ken Halbert, Richard King and Alex Onamor. I appreciate the support and I guarantee this one-hour long webinar will not disappoint.
Alex Kirwald picked up my Getting the Most from PokerTracker 4 Webinar. This webinar will teach you how to use PT4 just like I do for my daily poker play and studies. For those who want to get the most out of PT4 (like the name implies) this one is perfect for you.
Speaking of PT4, Justin Robbins purchased PokerTracker 4 through my affiliate link (at no additional cost to him and it supports the show). He's soon to learn all the benefits that come with using a HUD (I sent him my Smart HUD) and having a database of hands to study.
Kris Kuriger purchased my Smart HUD for PokerTracker 4. The HUD comes with 16 stats and 6 custom popups along with specialized color coding for the most useful stats. It's perfect for getting the most from PokerTracker 4 and your online play.
In the next episode #229, I’ll give you a little preview of April’s theme. Here’s a hint: what do Tommy Angelo, Alex Fitzgerald, Ed Miller, Dara O'Kearney, Barry Carter and myself all have in common? (besides playing poker, of course)
Until next time, study smart, play much and make your next session the best one yet.
- DO NOT Commit Chips When Confused [Poker Podcast] - June 1, 2023
- How to Make Poker Easier and More Fun – The 3 Advantages - May 25, 2023
- Continuation Betting Fundamentals - May 4, 2023
Don’t Miss Out!
Get expert tips and strategies straight to your inbox each week!