With every piece of content I create, I treat it like it's a 1-on-1 session between me (your coach) and you (my student). I recommend you ould do the same.
Listen to this podcast episode:
A very simple message with this post.
If you treat each podcast, video (I have a YouTube channel with hundreds of free videos), article or book chapter from me as if I'm speaking to you 1-on-1, you'll get more out of every piece of content you consume.
I'm your poker coach so it's imperative that you:
- Taking notes on the strategies I give you
- Purposefully taking action with the action steps
This will turn you into the player you want to be.
With a mindset shift from “passive content consumption” to “I do everything my coach (Sky) tells me to”, you'll never even have to hire a poker coach.
With the next 3 items you study, treat them as if it's ME coaching YOU:
- Pay attention as if I'm talking personally to you in a 1-on-1 coaching session.
- Take notes on what you learn.
- Take action with the action step(s) I give you. If necessary, repeat the action step(s) multiple times until the lessons sink in and you feel comfortable with the strategies.
- Once comfortable, move on to the next video and repeat the process.
If you enjoy this coaching mindset over the 3 items you study, continue approaching all poker content (from me and others) this same way and watch yourself improve like never before.
- “One More To Grow On” for Poker Skill Improvement - February 28, 2024
- Use YOUR Table Image Against THEM - February 23, 2024
- Poker Q&A: Tournament Statistics Analysis, Defense Frequency, Adjusting to Players and Going Pro - February 14, 2024
Don’t Miss Out!
Get expert tips and strategies straight to your inbox each week!